Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hey Everybody!

Sorry that I haven't updated in a while, but I was a bit incapacitated for a couple of weeks because I needed to have surgery, then I had finals for school, and just recently I've started my new job, and that's not even mentioning all the crazy fundraising I've been doing... Basically its been a hectic last couple of months.

Anyway, I wanted to let all of you know that I had an AFS orientation a couple of weeks ago that was pretty educational and fun. I got the chance to meet four foreign exchange students from Italy, and so many more from all around the world. In addition, I met a bunch of other amazing kids from Maine who are either going on exchange this summer or next year, which was pretty awesome. Also on the topic of AFS, I just received my host family information this past week! I'm staying with a mother, a father, and two younger brothers in Cerignola, Italy next year. From what I've seen on the internet, Cerignola is a small city in the southern part of the country (in the Foggia province) and is only a couple minutes away from the Adriatic Sea. It looks absolutely gorgeous, and I'm incredibly excited to be staying in a tropical climate! Also, the city is apparently very famous for its olives, so I guess I'm going to have to learn how to like those :P

Another thing that I wanted to let everybody know is that I'm still fundraising! The tea, coffee, and jam sales are going well, and I'm raffling off Red Sox tickets for anyone who's interested. The drawing will be done the weekend of July 4th, so if you want to buy any, please leave me a comment. They're $5 a piece, or 5 for $20. Also, I'm raffling off a basket of assorted coffee, tea, and jam, and the tickets for that are two dollars a piece. Again, leave me a comment if your interested. I also wanted to tell you all that the international dinner I participated in with some other foreign exchange students in my town went very well, and we're hoping to plan another one this summer, so I'll be sure to keep you all posted on that.

As always, thanks for reading, and I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

~Camy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Camden - it's very nice to hear from you! Your school schedule sounds exhausting - especially compared to ours. I hope the school trips are a break from your heavy academics load. Please take lots of pictures. I also enjoyed your comparison of the school systems, interesting.
    We're having a busy start of the year here. Actually the 1st quarter ends tomorrow, it went past quickly.
    Take care and keep in touch as your time allows :)
    Ms Blood

    ReplyDelete